Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God, the awesome God.

right outside of the office



outside my window in the office
I work there. No need to be jealous... well... alright- it's okay to be a little jealous.
It's a fact. I love my job. There are those "eh" days... but they are few. And those "eh" days usually disappear around lunch time when I get to hang out with the awesome staff... who are literally "eh-less"... seriously, they are incapable of "eh".

Going past the "eh"... It's amazing how God works in our lives- without us really knowing it. I teach the jr. highers at our church, and this past week we talked about prayer... and how we may not always think God is listening- but he gives us just what we need... not want.

You see, if you are an avid reader of my blog... of which I'm sure many of you are... echem... you'll know that I've had a problem... and that problem was finding a job. I worked at Ponderosa over the summer as a housekeeper, and knew that I would need to find another job when winter came that would give me enough hours. I searched hard for that job. Too-many-to-count applications, too-many-to-count calls/emails, and a few hopeful interviews that went nowhere. I was about to give up. Nothing was happening. I kept praying to God for a job. I kept praying that He would finacially provide for me a way to get to Sweden.

And nothing happened.
I waited...
and waited...
and waited some more...

and while I waited, I kept filling out those applications.

But then something happened... The kitchen at Ponderosa needed someone to work when they could not find anyone else... and they found me.
A girl who used to work in the office at Ponderosa got another job, and they needed someone to fill her position ASAP... and they found me.
Ponderosa has still (surprisingly) been pretty busy, so housekeeping still needs me.

There you have it... 30+ hours a week of wonderful work! I could not ask for anything better.

God is an awesome God. That whole time while I was praying and waiting, He knew what was coming... that I would be needed at this camp of which I love.





“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need” (Matthew 6:33).

Before all the leaves fell off!
Note: As I'm writing this... while at work... I look outside my window and there is a group, herd, flock, pack? of turkeys... just in time for thanksgiving too! :) So far, I can count 16 of them!!! gobble, gobble, gobble.
My housekeeping buddy, Mandy, and I. We got cold- so we grabbed a blanket!






One of the perks of working in the kitchen. I get to see the sunrise!


No comments:

Post a Comment