Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quote of the day

“When work feels overwhelming, remember that you’re going to die.”

That may sound a bit, well, un-inspirational, or pessimistic, or de-motivating. But, I have a point with it. How about I try to re-write it, “life is tough, but if you work hard, it’ll be worth it in the end”
There, does that sound better?

I think we tend to get too caught up in our day-to-day life. The world consumes us… TIME consumes us. We are constantly living under this impression that life stinks, and there’s nothing we can do about it.

Someone once told me, “you think life is hard now? Just wait till later.”
Um, thanks. Way to boost my optimism (enter sarcasm). Anyways, why does life have to be harder later? Why do I have to dread on what’s to come?

Short answer: I don’t. Because God gave us this gift, and his name is Jesus Christ. And this gift gives us a way into heaven, to have eternal life.

So, you think life is hard now? That’s okay… just wait until you get to spend the rest of it with God, then it’s
going to be great. A never-ending party. Never-ending worship. Never-ending happiness.

Ahh, yes. that sounds wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment