Monday, August 9, 2010

God, the miracle worker


So, as many of you might know, for the past month-or-so-ish, I have been looking for a job. I have a job right now, as a housekeeper at a camp, but as summer is dying down, so are my hours.


Back to the job, I've been seeking and seeking for one. Been applying online, and in person. Have made calls and have emailed, but nothing. Then today my dad sent me a link from craigslist. There was a posting for a job. I was a little leery of it at first. I know that there are many scams to be found on craigslist, and when I looked up the address on google maps, it was a warehouse- sketchy.


Anyways, I decided to go, and drag my brother along with me- just in case. He went in and decided to apply to. We sat down, along with two other people, and filled out our applications. About the time we finished, a lady walked out, took us to her office (both of us at the same time), and "interviewed" us. The cool thing about this interview? well, it was not really an interview. She asked us a few questions, then we started trying to figure out when we could start working. She put our names on the schedule, and said "Welcome aboard".


so there you have it, easiest job to get... ever! We filled out a lot of other paper work... like A LOT, a lot, got our uniforms, and start work TOMORROW!


Can I just tell you how excited I am?


I realize I never actually said where me and Jake are going to be working, so let me just show you, because after all, a picture is worth 1,000 words, right? And this picture express the 1,000 different ways I'm soooo excited about my new job!



that's right folks, I will be working at the top of PIKES PEAK! I will be working in the kitchen (can anyone say greasy donuts?), and Jake will be working in the gift shop! I will even be able to see where I work- from my window!


God really is an awesome God. He picked the perfect timing to get me a job... and not only is it a job, it's a job on top of a mountain... I can't get over that! I'm going to be on the top of Pikes Peak several days each week... GAH! Excitement! And he provided both me, and my brother jobs... that's a whole lot of peace of mind for us, and our parents!


And now my plans to go to Sweden next year are closer to coming true!

1 comment:

  1. Okay. That is the coolest thing ever. You will always be able to tell people that you worked on top of pike's peak at one point.

    And Sweden? That sounds exciting.

    congrats.

    ReplyDelete