Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peace During the Hard Times

There was a fire yesterday at work. Something happened with the dryer, and it caught on fire, causing everything in the laundry room to pretty much be destroyed, and everything in the dining hall (which is above the laundry room) to have a nasty layer of ash.



I haven’t seen it, but apparently it’s a mess.


You see, it’s tough for a camp to have to deal with these kinds of things, because we have to keep on rolling. It’s not like we have time to take our time. Our weekend is full, and our laundry room and dining hall are currently unusable.


Not only that, but there are some major health issues going on within the staff. I feel like every day I come into work, there’s something new that a staff member is dealing with.


Not.fun.


But, it’s times like these that I am continually amazed at how strong and tight the staff at Ponderosa is. It’s times like these that I feel encouraged, when I would normally feel discouraged.


The staff here keeps on fighting. You can tell they’re stressed and they’re tired, yet they do everything they possibly can to help this camp improve, to make sure every guest is satisfied even when they are having to deal with their own personal huge hurdles.


It’s amazing how attractive selflessness is.


There are many reasons why I love this job. And one of those reasons is how I continually see the good in people. How every day I am inspired by those who I work with. That is something that I wouldn’t trade for anything. It is something that, no matter how low my paycheck might be, or how tired I am at the end of the day, makes every second up here worth it.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is intense. It's great though that you're all staying strong through it. I am praying for you and Tammy and everyone else at Ponderosa!!!

    ReplyDelete